After a few weeks of trying, I managed to get 1CC in Battle Garegga with Golden Bat on both the PS4 port and the original PCB this week.
Definitely a game that lives up to the hype. It’s also a game with a lot of stuff going on, so not going to try and write up any real strategies for it (just read about it on the shmups wiki). Rank management is extremely important for setting up the last few stages to be reasonably hard.
Since I did write down my overall route, I’m pasting it below though, hoping that it might be useful. Otherwise I’d just watch the videos. I feel like this route is a pretty good approach to a survival 1CC.
My Golden Bat 1CC route for Golden Bat
While this is a survival run, it aims to hit the 7M extend (and can hit 8M). You want to do some scoring in Garegga to get more extends to lower your rank.
If you drop the medal chain before S4, reset the game.
I always mess up at least a few things in my runs, but this can be seen as the general goals I have.
– Get two options.
– Die to boss once to reduce rank..
– End stage at 0.3-0.4M, 1 Life, rank at around 1-2%
– Should be at about 1.5M after birds.
– For the big thank, count seven waves of red planes and then follow it down along the screen to pointblank it.
– Try to avoid activating “search hidden formation” which increases frame rank. This might mean not shooting some of the last enemies.
– Die to boss and go on top of it to quick-kill with a bomb.
– End stage at about 2M, 2 Life, rank at around: 1-2%
-Bomb the initial rails and silos for big medal points.
-Afterwards, try to not pickup any bomb fragments.
– Die once before 3M (you should be at one spare lives afterwards).
– Get the hidden extend (reset the game if you don’t).
– End stage at about 3M, 3 Life, rank at around: 2-3%
– Avoid bomb fragments unless you need them for destroying stuff.
– Bomb the small pipes before the orange tank, and all tank silos at the start of the stage.
– On orange tanks, start from the right tank, then move left (bombing the silos) and finally take the second right tank.
– Intentionally die to the four green tanks to do damage to their threads. Try to pick up 2-3 big bomb fragments.
– Leave five bomb fragments before the boss to setup homing formation.
– Die down to 1 spare lives before the 4M extend.
– End stage at about 3.8M, 1L, about 3 Bombs, Homing formation, rank at around: 2%
– Avoid hitting max bombs since it increases rank.
– Power up to 4 options, max power.
– On Mad Ball, if run is going well it might make sense to not die and just bomb it. If you feel like your rank is too high, die to it and bomb it similar to on Stage 2.
– Start slayer at about 5M, 2L, 4-5% rank (or 3L, 8-9% rank if not dieing to Mad Ball).
– Leave five bomb fragments at end of slayer to setup for Homing formation at start of S6.
– Start Blackheart at about 5.5M, 2-3L, 7-11% rank and try to not die 🙂
– Power up to max if you aren’t already. Raise autofire to 15hz. Get homing formation.
– Ignore medals (chaining them here are hard).
– Use one bomb on turret wall.
– Reach boss at 6M+, 3L, max power, homing, 3-4 bombs, about 25% rank.
– Bomb both phase 1 and 2.
– End at: 6.5M, 3L, 27-30% rank.
– Blackheart 2 at 6.5M, 3L, 30% rank, some bombs.
– Die once probably. End at around 7M. Only use bombs on the pattern where he goes downwards if you need more score to hit the 7M extend due to messing up earlier.
– Reach Glow Squid at 30-35% rank, 3L.